Monday, March 15, 2010

SPRING BREAK!!!! Dinosaurs, movies, and poolside escapades...

Last weekend, Nathan and I had a blast being lazy, watching movies, then on Sunday we headed to the Witte to see the dinosaur exhibit! Here are a few pictures taken from my cell phone. I need to find my battery charger so we can take actual pictures again!



T-Rex outside the Museum


Kinda dark but I like these dinos!


Watch out Nathan! Velociraptor!


Tricerotops! His head is huge!!


Well, it is officially Spring Break, and let me tell you it is only one of the many things I LOVE about my job. I kicked off Spring Break with a movie (I know-shocker!). Christian and I went and saw Remember Me with Robert Pattinson, Pierce Brosnan, Emilie De Ravin, and Chris Cooper. Well not WITH them (we wish) but you get the idea. I'll warn you now there is no way for me to properly review this movie without giving away a little so here is your *spoiler alert*...skip down to the next paragraph if you don't want to see. I'll be the first to tell you I originally only had an interest in the movie because of Robert Pattinson (he's from Twilight for those of you out of the loop) and the fact that the Eclipse trailer would be part of the previews. However, it became so much more than that. The movie starts a bit slow, then gradually captures your attention. While you're busy rooting for the underdogs to fall in love, your logic is frantically trying to piece together the little clues it's being dropped. Let's see if you can figure out where I'm going with this before I flat out tell you. The movie begins in 1995, (RP's brother Michael commits suicide this year when he turns 22), RP's the one who finds him and it's tragic. His brother was a talented musician who gave it up to work for their father (a prominent Lawyer with his own firm in a VERY nice building on like the 30th floor). Next, it's now 6 years later, RP is about to turn 22, (see where I'm going yet), RP has a horrible relationship with his father (he blames him for the bro's suicide and his father completely ignores his little sister [who is WAY adorable but not well liked by her classmates cause she's uber nerdy]) BUT it begins to mend and he is convinced to meet his father AT his office to discuss some legal issues he's stumbled into. He's also in love with a girl and they are adorable together. Soo...it's 6 years later...makes it 2001...what happened this year people?? YEP, you guessed it. Not only does he die, BUT, he's in one of the TWIN TOWERS literally looking out the window as the plane is about to hit. It's shocking, disturbing, and honestly feels too soon. Christian and I sat there crying for at least 10 minutes. It completely blindsided us both and then hit all at once. Luckily, they don't show the actual image of the plane crash but it was hard to stomach nonetheless. Stay away if 9/11 effects you more than you realize. On the plus side though: the writers make you love the characters and enjoy the plot before it rips your heart out. I recommend it but plan to be prepared.

Saturday and Sunday were awesome! I spent all day Sat laying by the pool with Christian and friends drinking sangria and soaking up sun. Saturday night grilled turkey burgers (Christian has me addicted to this healthier treat) and we watched The Princess Bride, because SOMEONE had never seen it! I know! Sunday we resumed poolside sunnage and read magazines while listening to Pandora. When the sun went down we went to Cheezy Janes down on Broadway and had even more fantastic turkey burgers (told you I'm becoming obsessed) with her fam and friends. Once again, a movie capped our night: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. Interesting movie to say the least and welcomed because Logan from Gilmore Girls is in it (albeit a bit of a freak show character). Sadly, all good things must come to an end and poor C had to work today. Other than being a bit under the weather (which did not stop me from enjoying myself in the sunshine), it was a fantastic weekend! Can't wait to hang out again soon in the private oasis.

I am also very excited for a week of relaxation! Nathan and I will be getting massages, going to Disney on Ice, the zoo, and watching many movies! I can't wait! Hope everyone else is enjoying their time off and for those of you who don't get a week, I'm sorry, I'll try not to rub it in! Hahaha

Adios mis amigos,

Rickie

Search This Blog