Saturday, August 8, 2009

G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

For someone who was never really into G.I. Joes, I'm hoping the reasoning behind this is obvious, I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this movie! I used to think G.I. Joe was just one person, well my eyes have been opened. Not only is Channing Tatum (think Step Up, Fighting, etc.) gorgeous eye candy, his acting has vastly improved. Marlon Wayans is hilarious and though Sienna Miller makes me wanna hold her down and forcefeed her twinkies, she does look amazing in her outfit and would make an awesome Halloween costume. Movie length was good, not too long, gave lots of great backstory for the G.I. Joe illiterate (i.e. me), and special effects insane. What I wouldn't give for a Delta 6 accelerator suit. All in all, go spend 2 hours of your time, enjoy some PG-13 fun (for strong action sequences and 'mayhem'), and try to figure out the ending before the bad guys reveal themselves. Definitely be looking for a sequel as well, multiples even.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Good review!

Search This Blog